Sunday, July 1, 2007

Been busy

I've been very busy at work the last 6 months, so not much have been done on the programs. However I'm now unemployed (have a new work starting in September) which means I have a lot of time to spend on this project. Some progress have been made. It's now possible to give the flight computer data about runway directions on takeoff and landing waypoints and channels for the TILS landing system. For normal waypoints two angles can be defined to mark borders. This is then presented in the radar display (CI).

Further more I have implemented a drift in the navigation, which means that over time the navigation system will be slightly off course. And to counter this you can fix your position by known positions. Since I haven't implemented the radar simulation, radar fixes are not possible. So for the moment you can only fix your position optically.

The whole simulator has now been moved into the bus and has been on tour a few times already. You can find pictures of the move here. This is a part of the project I'm not really involved in since I live several hundred miles from where the simulator is located and can not work with it physically. However in the future I will write some about the hardware since it's imperative to know how that works to understand what I am doing. Now that I've moved the programming diary to this blog, I also hope updates will be more frequent.

No comments: