Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Project

The SUL37 project was recently expanded to also include a J35 simulator (SUL35). Though this is an older aircraft which means less systems for me to make programs for, it seems to require the same type of programs. One program for simulating the sight, though not really a HUD I think it was some sort of gyro stabilized reflector sight. One program for the radar and one for some sort of flight computer and simulation of all the systems. I don't really know much about what kind of system the J35 has, but I guess I will find out.

I will not start a new blog for this the SUL35 project, but rather write about it here instead. Now I need to do a lot of research to find out what I need to do. But it will not be necessary to do anything for a while yet. First the mechanical and electrical stuff have to fixed, and that is not my responsibility.

The cockpit is a former Swedish air force J 35J and is fairly complete, except for two gauges and the stick. But this is stuff that will be fixed in one way or another.

No comments: